Monday, June 8, 2009

Exhibition at Jadranka Pastries (Tilya Helfield)



Helfield’s collection Souvenirs de Paris will be featured in Jadranka Café Pastries from May 16 to July 4, with a special reception on June 6 from 2 to 5 p.m. In the artists own words on her inspiration for this collection:
“The paintings in this exhibition are based on sketches and photographs I took during a painting trip to Paris last year with a group of painters that included my daughter and granddaughter, which was a special joy. 
I was completely captivated by the joie de vivre of the people I saw eating, drinking and socializing in the cafés and bistros. To me they epitomized the spirit of this exciting city. 





After spending so many years producing and exhibiting my prints in exhibitions all over the world, I now really appreciate the immediacy of painting—the direct connection between me and the image I want to project. I am very happy to have come full circle back to painting, my first love. “ – Tilya Helfield 
For more Info & Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment